HOW TO ENGAGE STUDENTS IN MATHS USING REAL WORLD CONTEXT: TEACHER PD WORKSHOP
Have you ever heard a student ask that age old question 'Why do we have to learn this?' in their mathematics class?
This workshop, run by Claire Bennett, Felicity Furey and Jillian Kenny from Machinam, shows how you can apply a contextual approach to mathematics concepts to engage students by linking what they are learning in class to their own lives and future careers.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Years 7 - 10 mathematics teachers, curriculum leaders, support staff and anyone else who is interested in contextual based approaches to teaching maths!
THIS INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP WILL ALLOW YOU TO:
- discover how you can bring relevant, real world examples to your classroom
- develop a toolkit of activities and resources for applying real life context in maths classes
- practice bringing a real world context to your maths classes to engage students in what they are learning.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IF YOU ARE:
- curious about how a contextual approach to teaching and learning can develop critical and creative thinking skills
- looking for clarity about how to best apply relevant, real world context to maths lessons
- keen to discover fresh approaches to engaging students in maths.
DATE: Friday 29 July 2016
TIME: 1pm - 5pm
VENUE: To be advised
COST: Earlybird $125 (until 24 June)
Regular $145 (until 22 July)
INCLUDES: Lunch, afternoon tea, coffee, tea and juice
Join us for Friday afternoon drinks after the workshop!
0403 546 142
Click here to view Earlybird and Cancellation conditions.
Professional Learning Standards
Aspects of the following AITSL National Professional Standards for Teachers will be addressed:
1.2, 2.2, 2.5, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4.
LOOKING FOR ANOTHER DATE?
We will be running additional workshops in Sydney and Melbourne during Term 3. Register your interest here to stay informed.