CONTENT WRITER - MATHEMATICS
Do you think high school mathematics classes could use a makeover? Would you like the opportunity to make a positive impact in this space? Do you want to work with a dynamic and creative start-up? Then, we want you!
We are looking for a Mathematics Content Writer who loves education as much as we do; who is passionate about making a difference for learners and who is keen to take on the challenge of innovation in the classroom.
The successful candidate for this position will write, review and manage Year 7 - 10 mathematics content in alignment with an agreed product concept plan.
- You have a strong grasp of mathematics teaching and learning pedagogies
- You are familiar with the Australian Curriculum for Mathematics Years 7 – 10
- You have the desire and proven ability to create mathematics resources
- You are curious, love learning new things and are open to new ways of doing things
- You have a strong understanding of educational content development particularly as it relates to Year 7 – 10 mathematics
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- You have excellent planning, organisational, and problem solving skills and an ability to coordinate multiple activities and adapt to unexpected requests
- You enjoy a collaborative approach to working with teams across the business, and externally where partnerships exist.
What We Offer
We offer you the opportunity to:
- Develop your skills and experience in educational learning design
- Expand your network
- Explore your own strengths
- Make a difference in the lives of young people
- Develop your entrepreneurial skills
- Work with an award winning Australian startup.
Machinam is a place where you can exercise your innovative thinking and collaborate with a diverse range of talented young entrepreneurs. It's a place where you can apply your skills to one of the world's greatest educational challenges – helping students to connect what they are learning in mathematics classes to their own lives.
Our product tackles that age old question, ‘Why do we have to learn this?’ by framing maths problems in a way that allows all students’ to connect what they are learning in class to their own life and future careers. Why? Because although girls and boys sit side by side in classrooms all across the country, women are still much less likely to choose careers in STEM than men. One of the contributing factors to this inequality is that many traditional educational resources still appeal more to boys than girls. We want all students to understand the relevance of maths and have the opportunity to make informed choices about choosing their future career.
We are a mobile workforce that values diversity and creating a culture that embraces flexibility for all team members.
If you have any questions about the role please call Jillian on 0448 852 209 (no recruiters).
How to apply for this job
Please email a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Content Writer application via website.
Closing date: No closing date – apply ASAP.