MACHINAM IS PARTNERING WITH INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS QUEENSLAND TO RUN THIS WORKSHOP IN BRISBANE.
This workshop is a hands-on experience in engineering and mathematics for teachers of upper primary and lower secondary. Participants will experience design challenges, hear from engineers, and learn about curriculum alignment to assist them to see the application of the Australian Curriculum: Mathematics and Technologies in STEM education contexts.
- Explore ideas for mathematics and engineering experiences
- Receive access to teaching and learning teacher resources
- Learn through hands-on activities
- Discover ways to encourage girls to participate in STEM education
- Make contact with engineers who want to share their experiences with students
- Primary school teachers
- Secondary school teachers
- 2.1 Content and teaching strategies of the teaching area
- 2.2 Content selection and organisation
- 3.4 Select and use resources
- 4.1 Support student participation
- 6.2 Engage in professional learning and improve practice