It all adds up!
The purpose of this workshop is for teachers to engage students in Mathematics and Engineering in real world contexts.
During the morning session participants will consider:
* what inspires girls
* what is stereotype threat and how does it impact girls in the classroom
* why STEM? – the larger context of STEM and why mathematics and engineering
* what tools can we use to engage students, for example: language and collaboration
* how can we bring big ideas and real world contexts into the classroom through mathematics and engineering?
During the after-lunch session participants will be divided into primary school and high school groups to provide more focused hands on activities for each group.
* create their own scenarios or lessons for students using contexts and big ideas (idea starters will be provided)
* collaborate with others
* pitch their ideas and learn from each other.