IN REAL LIFE
Complete online quests that explore the application of mathematics through real world scenarios.
Synopsis of quests
Power to the People
It is the year 2020 and wind power is the most viable option for powering the town of Port Augusta in South Australia. It is our job to determine which site is the best place to locate the proposed wind farm…
Dress to Impress
You are an Australian fashion label, and are creating the statement piece for your winter collection, a women’s jacket. One of your fashion designers has sketched out the design, and you need to complete the job.
Build Your Bot
One of your classmates has recently become wheelchair bound. You and your class have taken on the task of helping Sam adjust to life in a wheelchair. Having recently learned about robotic assistive technologies, your class is inspired to take on the challenge of creating a robotic arm to give power back to Sam.
The digital resource contains the following elements:
- Interactive, digital app that can be used on any device (e.g. smartphone, tablet, laptop, PC)
- Engaging content that is relevant to the real world and future careers
- Scenarios that apply authentic learning pedagogy
- Growth mindset techniques
- Mapping to the Year 7 - 10 Australian Curriculum for mathematics
- Simple to use dashboard that allows teachers to:
- easily modify quests or create your own
- monitor and evaluate student and class progress by various metrics
IRL for Year 9 is currently available and we are offering trials for interested schools.
Contact Felicity at email@example.com or on 0403 546 142 for more information.