What is irl
The digital resource contains the following elements:
- Interactive, digital app that can be used on any device (e.g. tablet, laptop, PC)
- Engaging content that is relevant to the real world and future careers
- Scenarios that apply authentic learning pedagogy
- Growth mindset techniques
- Mapping to the Year 7 - 10 Australian Curriculum for mathematics
- Simple to use dashboard that allows teachers to:
- easily modify quests or create your own
- monitor and evaluate student and class progress by various metrics
why do you need it?
To increase the engagement of students in the class room
- Exciting real world scenarios that make students see the real world and how maths is applied to every day situations
- Takes the risk out of you creating resources that absorb your time and might not come off well in the classroom
- * insert more Whys
What does it look like in the classroom?
Teachers are using IRL as a supplementary resource to engage their students in mathematics. Using real world scenarios teachers are able to answer the question "Why".
WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE AT HOME?
Parents are using 'IRL' as a way to support the learning that occurs in school. Many parents find the resource a great tool for the family to be involved in the Maths of today's generation.