Education sales associate
Do you think high school mathematics classes could use a makeover? Would you like the opportunity to make a positive impact in this space? Do you want to work with a dynamic and creative start-up? Then, we want you!
We are looking for an Education Sales Associate who loves education as much as we do; who is passionate about making a difference for learners and who is keen to take on the challenge of innovation in the classroom.
The successful candidate for this position will generate new business with high schools and partners, make sales to high schools, manage customer relationships and facilitate teacher training and workshops.
- You have experience working with schools and an understanding of the education environment, particularly mathematics
- You have exceptional interpersonal and facilitation skills
- You have a proven ability with education marketing campaigns and sales
- You love working with people, creating communities and building relationships
- You are curious, love learning new things and are open to new ways of doing things
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- You have excellent planning, organisational and problem solving skills and an ability to coordinate multiple activities and adapt to unexpected requests
- You enjoy a collaborative approach to working with teams across the business, and externally where partnerships exist.
What We Offer
We offer you the opportunity to:
- develop your skills and experience in relationships and influencing
- expand your network
- explore your own strengths
- make a difference in the lives of young people
- develop your entrepreneurial skills
- work with an award winning Australian startup.
Machinam is a place where you can exercise your innovative thinking and collaborate with a diverse range of talented young entrepreneurs. It's a place where you can apply your skills to one of the world's greatest educational challenges – helping students to connect what they are learning in mathematics classes to their own lives.
Our product tackles that age old question, ‘Why do we have to learn this?’ by framing maths problems in a way that allows all students’ to connect what they are learning in class to their own life and future careers. Why? Because although girls and boys sit side by side in classrooms all across the country, women are still much less likely to choose careers in STEM than men. One of the contributing factors to this inequality is that many traditional educational resources still appeal more to boys than girls. We want all students to understand the relevance of maths and have the opportunity to make informed choices about choosing their future career.
We are a mobile workforce that values diversity and creating a culture that embraces flexibility for all team members.
If you have any questions about the role please call Felicity on 0403 546 142 (no recruiters).
How to apply for this job
Please email a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Education Sales Associate application via website.
Closing date: No closing date – apply ASAP.