This workshop will show how you can apply a contextual approach to mathematics concepts to engage students by linking what they are learning in class to their own lives and future careers.
Have you ever heard a student ask that age old question 'Why do we have to learn this?' in their mathematics class?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Years 7 - 10 mathematics teachers, curriculum leaders, support staff and anyone else who is interested in contextual based approaches to teaching maths!
THIS INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP WILL ALLOW YOU TO:
- discover how you can bring relevant, real world examples to your classroom
- develop a toolkit of activities and resources for applying real life context in maths classes
- practice bringing a real world context to your maths classes to engage students in what they are learning.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IF YOU ARE:
- curious about how a contextual approach to teaching and learning can develop critical and creative thinking skills
- looking for clarity about how to best apply relevant, real world context to maths lessons
- keen to discover fresh approaches to engaging students in maths.